- WSU Building Area Measurement defines building square footage, including gross sq ft, net usable sq ft, net assignable sq ft, non-assignable sq ft, and structural sq ft.
- Facilities Inventory and Classification Manual (FICM) from the National Center for Education Statistics provides a framework for uniform space inventory data collection.
- Facility Unit (Room) Use Codes are a set of space use categories developed in FICM that enable space managers to classify space for management and reporting purposes.
- Facilities Evaluation and Planning Guide reports space planning guidelines and standards developed by a committee of space officers from Washington colleges and universities.
Space Statistics and Trends
- WSU Space Summary, 2023 reports the current number of facilities, gross square feet, and assigned square feet for all campuses, as well as Research and Extension locations.
- WSU Gross Square Feet, 1996-2023 and WSU Assigned Square Feet, 1996-2023 report square feet trends for all campuses, as well as Research and Extension locations.
- Pullman Gross and Assigned Square Feet, 1968-2023 reports square feet for the Pullman campus from 1968 to 2020, including reports with housing and excluding housing.
- WSU Room Space Trends, 1996-2023 reports trends in room use categories for all campuses.