Facilities Services Facility Unit (Room) Use Codes


Residential facilities include housing for students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the institution. Hotel or motel and other guest facilities are included in this series if they are owned or controlled by the institution and used for purposes associated with defined institutional missions (i.e., excluding commercial investment).

Note: Not all space in residential facilities is coded using the 900 series. Conventional primary activity and service codes, as with libraries, apply to specific areas. Included are Offices (310), Lounges (650), Study Rooms (410), dining areas (see Food Facility-630), Recreation (670) rooms, and their corresponding service codes. Service rooms that typically appear in residential facilities are specified in the Sleep/Study Service (935) or Apartment Service (955) descriptions.